Ru Min, 19, is a controversial Christian and perfectionist who adores God, Coldplay, pizzas, photography, aesthetic writing, indie music, oxblood, pumps and Luanna Perez. She spends most of her time in her thoughts and laughing at text posts. More...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 @ 10:35 PM
They were flying across those polished black-and-white keys, with the speed faster than lightning. It was swaying with the music, going with the flow, enjoying those really beautiful notes that prodigies compose with. Oh, tres smooth-sailing, peaceful, calming.

Until --- DONG!

Hello, everyone. It's a great day, isn't it? The sun is shining brightly; the river is flowing in you freely; the Earth is covered with grass... And yours truly, was on the classical instrument, trying to spit out notes that moi teacher had expected me to know by heart. I did not practise. End of story.

But, wait! There's more!

"So, are you going to buy a new Grade 8 Practical Examination Pieces book or a second-hand one?" she asked.
"Is there any?"
"I'm afraid one of my students wanted to give her friend and the other student..." She threw me a gesture with her almost-curled up index finger while the others were balled up into a fist. "...failed."
"Oh." Nothing surprising to me. I always... *almost-curled up index finger while the others were balled up into a fist* ...fail.
"And yes, I got the results."

Results? Oh, I g-get it. *shivers but waits patiently*

"Well, the book is slightly thicker than those other grades, though. It has three extra songs in it, so that gives you more to choose from, but only in Section C. Also, it comes with a CD, to let you listen to those pieces."
"I'll buy the new one, then."
"Alright. Right hand on F#, A and C; left had on the lower C# and E, please..."

What? The end of "And yes, I got the results."? Nevermind.

Once again, I struggled to play the right notes and accidentals, and that resulted in a full series of frustrated banging and clanging. Partly because I'm not focused. Did I fail again? Or pass? Or even get a Merit?

"Theory."

I placed my theory book on the table and turned back to close the piano. Then, I sat down on the wooden chair and flipped to last week's homework. Waited for teacher to rummage through her plastic file. Okay, done. Just then, something strange happened. Dragged, closed, threw. What on Earth is...?

A paper flew out.

Whoa, I get it. My result! I wanted to snatch it over like a kid but she snatched it first! Talk about being a fully-grown adult. -_- She covered the scores with my theory book, forcing me to read the examiner's comments. Who cares about comments?!! Coolly, I read them. Interesting, he criticized that all my songs were played too loudly and very exaggerating.

Three words :

Blame.

The.

Piano.

Let's skip the boring parts. Guess what I've got?
























































































































































































































































































































M | E | R | I | T.

























































































































































































































































































































Who said I wasn't lying? Hahahahahahaha. Anyway, surprisingly, I passed.
























































































































































































































































































































With MERIT!

















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































110 marks.
0 Hullabaloo(s) : contribute